Episode 78: Exiting an Online Business
A lot of emotions are involved in exiting a business, and Ryan emphasizes the importance of legal advice and research along the way.
In this episode, Jon and Ryan also talk about failing and growing throughout the experience and seeing everything as a learning experience. Every business exit is a little different, so there is no defined timeline for going through the process. Ryan advises that you should do it when it feels right, and the numbers will work themselves out.
Listen to the full episode if you want to learn:
- Why it's important not to burn bridges and end things on a positive note
- How relationships with employees change
- Why doing more research is important
- Why you should invest in a good legal team
- What to look forward to after exiting an ecommerce business
If you have questions, ideas, or feedback to share, hit us up on Twitter. We’re @jonmacdonald and @ryangarrow.